Workplace violence is a serious problem in hospitals, urgent care clinics, nursing homes, doctors’ offices and other healthcare facilities across the country. Thousands of assaults occur every week; employees suffer physical and emotional trauma… some even die.
MARCOM’s training products on “Workplace Violence in Healthcare Facilites” provide healthcare workers with the information they need to recognize potential violence hazards, prevent aggression if possible and respond to it effectively when necessary.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The history of violence in healthcare facilities.
- OSHA guidelines for preventing violence.
- Identifying and controlling the potential for violence.
- Employee education and training.
- Responding to violence.
- and more.
All “Workplace Violence in Healthcare Facilities” products are available in English.
The “Workplace Violence in Healthcare Facilities” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Violence in Healthcare Facilities”
- “OSHA Guidelines for Preventing Violence”
- “Identifying and Controlling the Potential for Violence”
- “Employee Education and Training“
- “Responding to Violence“