Whether we’re standing, walking or climbing, we depend on the surfaces we walk upon to provide the support we need to position ourselves properly, use our muscles efficiently, keep our balance… and do our work safely. Yet slips, trips and falls continue to make up 20% of disabling occupational injuries, and thousands of fatalities every year. Fortunately, most of these accidents can be prevented.
MARCOM’s course on “Walking and Working Surfaces in Industrial Environments” discusses the hazards that are associated with different walking surfaces that employees can encounter on the job, and provides practical information that they need to protect themselves from harm.
Topics covered in each course include:
- Hazards associated with different walking and working surfaces
- How to stay safe when navigating floors and walkways
- Safety requirements for stairways and fixed ladders
- Properly inspecting and setting up a portable ladder
- …and more.
This course is available online in Full-Length Interactive, “Adaptive Learning” and Micro-Learning formats as well as Video On Demand (VOD) for streaming over the internet, as well as DVD that can be played locally at your facility.
The “Walking and Working Surfaces in Industrial Environments” Micro-Learning curriculum includes the following five 3-5 minute courses:
- “The Fundamentals of Safe Surfaces”
- “Walkways and Floors”
- “Stairs and Fixed Ladders”
- “Portable Ladders”