Twenty percent of workplace fatalities in the US involve construction workers, but their chances of getting killed on the job more than double when they’re working in a trench. An average of two employees are killed every month when the trench they’re working in collapses on them.
But many of these deaths and thousands of injuries can be prevented. Employees need to understand the hazards that can be encountered in trenching work as well as the OSHA regulations and safe work practices that can prevent accidents from occurring.
“Trenching and Shoring Safety in Construction Environments” training from MARCOM provides employees with this important information.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The hazards of trenching.
- The “competent person” and worksite inspection.
- Soil types and protective systems.
- Ongoing inspection and testing.
- Access, egress, setback and equipment.
- Working defensively.
- and more.
“Trenching and Shoring Safety in Construction Environments” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets and Posters are available in English only.
The “Trenching and Shoring in Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “The Hazards of Trenching”
- “The Competent Person and Inspecting the Worksite”
- “Soil Types and Protective Systems”
- “Ongoing Inspection and Testing”
- “Access, Egress, Setback and Equipment”
- “Working Defensively”