Slips, trips and falls are no laughing matter. They’re involved in most of the accidents that occur in workplaces every day. They cause 17% of disabling occupational injuries and 15% of on-the-job fatalities. But slips, trips and falls can be prevented.
MARCOM’s “Slips, Trips and Falls” program discusses the mechanics of slips, trips and falls, the types of hazards that employees are likely to encounter that lead to them, and the safe practices and equipment that they can use to stay safely on their feet.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Center of gravity and maintaining balance.
- The mechanics of trips and slips.
- Types of walking surfaces.
- Housekeeping and maintenance.
- How footwear can help to prevent falls.
- How to fall “properly”.
- and more.
All “Slips, Trips and Falls” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Slips, Trips and Falls” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Center of Gravity and Maintaining Balance”
- “Slips, Trips and Falls”
- “Walking Surfaces”
- “Housekeeping and Maintenance”
- “How to Fall Properly and First Aid”