Slips, trips and falls are no laughing matter. They’re involved in most of the accidents that occur on job sites. They cause 17% of disabling occupational injuries and 15% of on-the-job fatalities. But slips, trips and falls can be prevented.
MARCOM’s “Slips, Trips and Falls in Construction Environments” courses discuss the mechanics of slips, trips and falls, the types of hazards that workers are likely to encounter on a job site that lead to them, and the safe practices and equipment that they can use to stay safely on their feet.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Center of gravity and balance.
- The mechanics of trips and slips.
- Types of walking surfaces.
- Housekeeping and maintenance.
- How footwear can help to prevent falls.
- How to fall properly.
- and more.
All “Slips, Trips and Falls” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Slips, Trips and Falls in Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “Center of Gravity and Balance”
- “Trips and Slips”
- “Walking Surfaces”
- “Housekeeping and Maintenance”
- “How to Fall Properly and First Aid”