Silica dust can cause serious, even fatal, health problems for anyone who inhales it. And more than two million workers are exposed to this substance on the job every year. OSHA’s Silica Safety Rule has established rigorous standards to protect them.
MARCOM’s training products on “Silica Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” explain the hazards that are associated with silica dust, review the OSHA standards for industry and construction, and show employees what they can do to protect themselves from silica dust on the job.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The hazards of respirable crystalline silica.
- OSHA’s Silica Safety Standards.
- Exposure to silica dust in the workplace.
- A silica dust exposure control plan.
- Control systems, safe work practices and PPE.
- Medical surveillance and recordkeeping.
- and more.
“Silica Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets and Posters are available in English only.
The “Silica Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- Respirable Crystalline Silica and Its Hazards
- OSHA’s Silica Safety Standards
- Silica Exposure in the Workplace
- The Exposure Control Plan
- Control Systems, Safe Work Practices and PPE
- Medical Surveillance and Recordkeeping