Accessing high places can be difficult in many work environments. To reach these areas, many workers use scissor lifts. Nearly everyone has seen a scissor lift. They’re common on construction sites, both inside and out, and are often found in warehouses and other large buildings as well.
MARCOM’s training products on “Scissor Lifts in Industrial and Construction Environments” introduce employees to scissor lifts, make them aware of the hazards associated with these lifts and give them the information they need to work safely using a scissor lift or working near one.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in the program include:
- The types of scissor lifts and the training needed to operate them.
- The hazards associated with using scissor lifts.
- “Pre-start” and “worksite” inspections.
- Setting up, operating and moving a scissor lift.
- Working on the ground near a scissor lift.
- and more.
All “Scissor Lifts” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Scissor Lifts” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “Types of Lifts and Required Training”
- “Hazards Associated with Scissor Lifts”
- “Inspecting and Preparing to Use a Scissor Lift”
- “Operating a Scissor Lift”
- “Completing Your Work with a Scissor Lift”
- “Working on the Ground Near a Scissor Lift”