Every year, almost three million employees get injured on the job or develop a work-related illness, and about five thousand more lose their lives. To avoid workplace hazards, new employees need to think “safety first” their first day on the job, and every day thereafter.
MARCOM’s updated “Safety Awareness for New Employees” course discusses a wide variety of hazards that new workers can encounter while performing different types of tasks, and explains what they need to do to avoid those hazards.
Effective safety awareness training helps workers avoid accidents and injuries, and keep employees safe. Remind your customers that you can provide that training… from MARCOM..All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Slips, trips and falls.
- Industrial ergonomics.
- Using hand and power tools and machinery safely.
- Forklift safety.
- Electrical safety and lock-out/tag-out.
- Hazard communication and personal protective equipment.
- Fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Health emergencies, first aid and bloodborne pathogens.
- and more.
“Safety Awareness for New Employees” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets and Posters are available in English only.
The “Safety Awareness… for New Employees” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Slips, Trips and Falls… and Good Housekeeping”
- “Industrial Ergonomics”
- “Using Hand and Power Tools and Powered Machinery”
- “Forklift Safety”
- “Electrical Safety and Lock-Out/Tag-Out”
- “Hazard Communication and Personal Protective Equipment”
- “Fire Prevention and Emergency Procedures”
- “Health Emergencies, First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens”