For a demo of the Online Training System or to preview any of the available topics click here
MARCOM’s course on “Safe Lifting in Healthcare Environments: for Office and Maintenance Personnel” discusses how lifting and carrying things can affect the back, and how non-medical personnel can use safe lifting techniques to help them avoid back injuries in a healthcare facility.
We’ve all experienced back pain at one time or another, and it probably resulted from lifting something incorrectly. Maybe the load was too big or too heavy, or we lifted from an awkward position. But if you want to avoid injuries, you need to make sure that you use your back the “right way”.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The mechanics of safe lifting in a healthcare facility
- How to “listen” to your back
- Types of back injuries
- Preparing to lift something in a way that protects your back
- How to keep your back safe when you’re lifting “below the waist”
- …and more.
All “Safe Lifting” products are available in English.
Safe Lifting in Healthcare Environments – Office & Maintenance Personnel Detailed Course Outline in PDF Format
The “Safe Lifting in Healthcare Environments: for Office and Maintenance Personnel” Micro-Learning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “The Back’s Structure and Function”
- “Preparing for a Lift”
- “The Mechanics of Safe Lifting”
- “Below the Waist Lifting”
- “Planning a Carry”
- “Patient Handling”