MARCOM’s course on “Safe Lifting in Food Processing and Handling Environments” discusses how lifting and carrying things can affect the back, and how employees can use safe lifting techniques to help them avoid back injuries in a food processing or handling facility.
We’ve all experienced back pain at one time or another, and it probably resulted from lifting something incorrectly. Maybe the load was too big or too heavy, or we lifted from an awkward position. But if you want to avoid injuries, you need to make sure that you use your back the “right way”.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The mechanics of safe lifting in a food processing or handling environment
- How to “listen” to your back
- Types of back injuries
- Preparing to lift something in a way that protects your back
- How to keep your back safe when you’re lifting “below the waist”
- …and more.
All “Safe Lifting” products are available in English.
The “Safe Lifting in Food Processing and Handling Environments” Micro-Learning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “The Back’s Structure and Function”
- “Preparing for a Lift”
- “The Mechanics of Safe Lifting”
- “Below the Waist Lifting”
- “Planning a Carry”