The loads that cranes lift can come in all shapes and sizes, but they can all cause serious problems if they are mishandled. Loads that have been improperly rigged can be dumped on the ground, start to spin, or swing out of control, all of which creates hazards for anything or anyone near them.
MARCOM’s training products on “Rigging Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” review the hazards associated with rigging and moving loads, and discuss the equipment and safe work practices that employees should use to avoid them.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Rigging and crane safety.
- Choosing the right sling for the load.
- Types of hitches and how to use them.
- Standard hand signals.
- Lifting, moving and lowering a load safely.
- and more.
All “Rigging Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Rigging Safety in Industrial and Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Rigging and Crane Safety”
- “Choosing the Right Slings for the Load”
- “How Sling Angles Affect Sling Tension”
- “Types of Hitches and How to Use Them”
- “Standard Hand Signals”
- “Lifting, Moving and Landing a Load Safety”