Each year, tens of thousands of U.S. workers are exposed to harmful airborne contaminants. These noxious gases, dusts, vapors and biological pathogens can cause lung damage, cancer and other serious illnesses. Some can quickly cause loss of consciousness and even death, often without warning.
To avoid these hazards, workers need to understand the risks associated with airborne contaminants as well as the government regulations and safe work practices that can protect them. They also need to be familiar with various types of respirators, understand how they work, and know how to use them.
MARCOM’s training products on “Respiratory Protection and Safety” can provide employees with this important information and help facilities in complying with requirements of the OSHA Respiratory Standard.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The need for a Respiratory Protection Program.
- Respiratory “basics” and disposable masks.
- Air-purifying respirators and filter types.
- Atmosphere-supplying respirators including SARs and SCBAs.
- Fit testing a respirator.
- Wearing a respirator.
- Maintaining a respirator.
- and more.
All “Respiratory Protection and Safety” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Respiratory Protection and Safety” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “The Need for a Respiratory Protection Program”
- “Respirator “Basics” and Disposable Masks”
- “Air-Purifying Respirators and Filter Types”
- “Atmosphere-Supplying Respirators… SARs and SCBAs”
- “Fit Testing Your Respirator”
- “Wearing Your Respirator”
- “Maintaining Your Respirator“