The variety among people, called “diversity”, has been increasing in society and the workforce for decades. But if employees treat coworkers who are different from them in unfair and prejudicial ways, this “discrimination” is bad for people and for business. And since it’s also illegal, it can expose a company to complex and expensive legal actions as well.
MARCOM’s “Preventing Workplace Discrimination… for Managers and Supervisors” products discuss different types of discriminatory behavior, the laws and policies that have been established to fight it, and what managers and supervisors can do prevent it in their department.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Discrimination, the workplace and the law.
- Discrimination and company policy.
- Preventing discrimination in your department.
- Handling a report about workplace discrimination.
- The “fact finding” process.
- and more.
“Preventing Workplace Discrimination… for Managers and Supervisors” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets and Posters are available in English only.
The “Preventing Workplace Discrimination… for Managers and Supervisors” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Discrimination, the Workplace and the Law”
- “Discrimination and Company Policy”
- “Preventing Discrimination in Your Department”
- “Handling a Report of Workplace Discrimination”
- “The Fact Finding Process”