A caustic acid hose has just erupted… an experiment has shown unexpected reactions… what should employees do to deal with these and other emergencies? Employees need to know when and how they should act in an emergency situation.
MARCOM’s training products on “Planning for Laboratory Emergencies” discuss how to minimize damage and prevent injuries if a laboratory emergency should occur.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The Emergency Plan.
- Types of emergencies occurring in laboratories.
- Alarms and warning systems.
- Contacting outside agencies.
- Fires, explosions and chemical spills.
- and more.
Available in English. Available individually, or as part of MARCOM’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.
The “Planning for Laboratory Emergencies” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Your Laboratory’s Emergency Plan”
- “Handling Fire Emergencies”
- “Handling Chemical Spills”
- “Utilizing Safety Showers”