Caring for patients in a healthcare environment can require nurses, aides, orderlies and other caregivers to lift as much as four thousand pounds during a typical shift. No wonder they’re twice as likely to suffer musculoskeletal injuries on the job as employees in other industries. But these injuries don’t have to occur.
MARCOM’s new “Patient Handling Safety” training courses discuss the hazards that can be associated with patient handling tasks, and what healthcare workers can do to prevent accidents and injuries from occurring while they perform them.
All of the products… our original DVDs and full-length online courses as well as the new “Micro-Learning” and “Adaptive Learning” courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Patient handling and caregiver injuries.
- Algorithms, patient assessment and body mechanics.
- Repositioning a patient in bed.
- Performing patient transfer tasks safely.
- Mechanical lift devices.
- and more.
All “Patient Handling Safety” products are available in English
The “Patient Handling Safety” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Patient Handling and Caregiver Injuries”
- “Algorithms, Patient Assessment and Body Mechanics”
- “Repositioning A Patient In Bed”
- “Lateral Transfer From Bed to Stretcher”
- “Stand and Pivot From Bed to Chair”
- “Mechanical Lift Devices”