“Materials handling” is how the things that people need get to where they’re needed, on time and intact. And these activities can be dangerous. Every year, thousands of workers are killed or injured while moving, stacking and storing materials. But these accidents don’t have to happen.
“Materials Handling Safety” products from MARCOM discuss the hazards that employees are likely to encounter, and explain the work practices and equipment they can use to control or eliminate these hazards.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Preparing yourself to work safely.
- Understanding “ergonomics”.
- Safe lifting… step-by-step.
- Hand trucks and dollies.
- Platform trucks, carts and pallet jacks.
- Forklift safety.
- and more,
All “Materials Handling Safety” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Materials Handling Safety” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Preparing Yourself to Work Safely”
- “Understanding Ergonomics”
- “Safe Lifting… Step-by-Step”
- “Hand Trucks and Dollies”
- “Platform Trucks, Carts and Pallet Jacks”
- “Forklift Safety”