If powered equipment is started up while it’s being serviced, the person who is working on the equipment can suffer serious injuries… even be killed. The policies and procedures included in OSHA’s Lock-Out/Tag-Out Standard help to prevent incidents like these from occurring.
MARCOM’s Lock-Out/Tag-Out training products were created specifically to provide employees with the information they need to avoid energy-related hazards, while at the same time helping employers meet OSHA training requirements.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products:
- The need for an energy control program.
- Lock-out/tag-out devices and how to use them.
- How to release stored energy.
- Special lock-out/tag-out situations.
- Working with electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Lock-out/tag-out release procedures.
- … and more.
All “Lock-Out/Tag-Out” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Lock-Out/Tag-Out” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “What is Lock-Out/Tag-Out”
- “Lock-Out/Tag-Out Devices”
- “Lock-Out/Tag-Out Procedures”
- “Dissipating Energy”
- “Special Situations”
- “Release Procedures”
- “Working with Electrical Systems“
- “Working with Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems”