Created specifically for OSHA’s Lead Standards for construction environments, these products are designed for employees in workplaces where lead and lead-based materials are found.
MARCOM’s training products on the “Working with Lead Exposures in Construction Environments” address the major areas of employee training required by the regulations. Because of the widespread use of lead-based paints, as well as other materials containing lead, these products are useful to a number of different groups including building/construction companies, manufacturers, recyclers and many others.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Contents of the standards.
- “Measurement” concepts:
- Permissible exposure limits (PEL).
- Time weighted average (TWA).
- Action levels
- Exposure assessment and monitoring.
- Methods of compliance.
- Hygiene and housekeeping.
- Medical surveillance.
- and more.
All “Working with Lead Exposure in Construction Environments” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Lead Exposure in Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “The Health Effects of Lead Exposure”
- “The OSHA Lead Standard and Compliance Programs”
- “Risk Assessment and Monitoring”
- “PPE and Respiratory Protection”
- “Housekeeping and Decontamination”
- “Medical Surveillance and Removal”