Many of the materials used in laboratories give off fumes, mists, vapors, particulates or aerosols which are hazardous. To minimize exposure to these materials, special precautions need to be taken. This often means within a “hood”.
MARCOM’s training products on “Laboratory Hoods” emphasize how to properly use laboratory hoods and how to test them to ensure correct functioning… as well as discuss how hoods can protect an experiment, the facility, and most importantly, the employee.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Why laboratory hoods are needed.
- Protections afforded by hoods.
- Various types of hoods found in laboratories.
- How hoods function mechanically.
- Proper use of laboratory hoods.
- Testing and maintenance.
- and more.
Available in English. Available individually, or as part of MARCOM’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.
The “Laboratory Hoods” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Chemical Exhaust Hoods”
- “Testing Laboratory Hoods”
- “Using Laboratory Hoods”
- “Specialized Laboratory Hoods”
- “Preparing for Emergencies”