The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 gave employees the right to a safe and healthy workplace. The OSH Act also created OSHA, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which creates regulations to protect worker health and safety across the country.
To comply with OSHA requirements and build safety culture in the workplace, employers need to ensure that employees have a solid understanding of OSHA’s mission and how the agency protects them on the job.
MARCOM’s new “Introduction to OSHA” products discuss the rights and responsibilities employees and employers have under OSHA and how the agency enforces its regulations.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- OSHA and its mission.
- Employees’ rights under OSHA.
- Employers’ responsibilities under OSHA.
- How OSHA inspections are conducted.
- Filing a complaint with OSHA.
- Learning more about safety and health issues.
- and more.
“Introduction to OSHA” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets and Posters are available in English only.
The “Introduction to OSHA” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “OSHA and Its Mission”
- “Your Rights Under OSHA”
- “Your Employer’s Responsibilities Under OSHA”
- “How OSHA Inspections are Conducted”
- “Filing a Complaint with OSHA”
- “Learning About Safety and Health Issues”