Created specifically to assist facilities in complying with the employee training requirements of OSHA’s newly adopted GHS regulations, these products discuss the Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labeling of Chemicals.
MARCOM’s training products on “Introduction to GHS (The Globally Harmonized System… for Construction Workers)” review what the Globally Harmonized System is all about, why OSHA adopted the GHS, and the phase-in dates for implementing the GHS.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in the program include:
- What is the Globally Harmonized System?
- Why Did OSHA adopt the GHS?
- Hazard classification.
- The “Safety Data Sheet”.
- Container labeling (text elements).
- Container labeling (pictograms).
- Information and training.
- GHS “phase in” dates.
- and more.
All “Introduction to GHS” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Introduction to GHS for Construction Workers” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “What is the Globally Harmonized System?”
- “Why did OSHA Adopt the GHS?”
- “Hazard Classification”
- “The Safety Data Sheet”
- “Container Labeling (Text Elements)”
- “Container Labeling (Pictograms)”
- “Information and Training“
- “GHS Phase-In Dates”