Contaminated indoor air is currently one of the top five threats to public health, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Any hazardous fumes, dusts, bacteria or spores that people inhale can result in them feeling “under the weather”, interfere with their ability to work efficiently, and even lead to serious health problems.
MARCOM’s training products on “Indoor Air Quality” discuss the health hazards that are associated with contaminated indoor air, the most common contaminants and where they come from, and what employees can do to help keep the air in their workplace clean and healthy.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
· The symptoms of poor air quality.
· Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
· Sources of air contamination.
· What people in a building can do to improve the air quality.
All “Indoor Air Quality” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Indoor Air Quality” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “The Symptoms of Poor Air Quality”
- “Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning”
- “Sources of Air Contamination”
- “What People in a Building Can Do”