“Hot work” includes any tasks that involve flame or high heat, or can act as an ignition source. One in five industrial fires are caused by hot work and it can create major problems on construction sites as well.
Hot work accidents result in more than $300 million in property damage and more than 30 fatalities per year, but these incidents are preventable.
MARCOM’s “Hot Work Safety and the Permitting Process” training products discuss the hazards that can be encountered in hot work and focus on how employees can use the permitting process and other safe practices to perform these tasks more safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Hot work and its hazards.
- The purpose of a Hot Work Permit.
- First steps in the permitting process.
- Preparing the work area.
- Performing hot work safely.
- Hot work in confined spaces.
- and more.
“Hot Work Safety and the Permitting Process” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets and Posters are available in English only.
The “Hot Work Safety and the Permitting Process” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Hot Work and Its Hazards”
- “The Purpose of a Hot Work Permit”
- “First Steps in the Permitting Process”
- “Preparing the Area and Performing the Work”
- “Hot Work in Confined Spaces”