To get quality healthcare, people should not have to sacrifice the privacy or security of their personal health information. The set of regulations known as “HIPAA” ensures that patient data remains private, but the laws can seem complex and the penalties for non-compliance can be costly.
New “HIPAA Rules and Compliance” training products from MARCOM define HIPAA terms, explain the regulations and discuss what business entities and employees in healthcare-related fields need to do to comply with them.
All of the products… our original DVDs and full-length online courses as well as the new “Micro-Learning” and “Adaptive Learning” courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- HIPAA and protected health information (PHI).
- Covered entities, business associates and subcontractors.
- PHI and patients’ rights.
- Guidelines for use and disclosure of PHI.
- Using PHI for marketing and fundraising.
- Requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Breach notification and penalties.
- and more.
“HIPAA Rules and Compliance” online, VOD training and DVD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits and Booklets are available in English only.
The “HIPAA Rules and Compliance” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “HIPAA and Protected Health Information”
- “Covered Entities, Business Associates and Subcontractors”
- “PHI and Patients’ Rights”
- “Guidelines for Use and Disclosure of PHI”
- “Using PHI for Marketing and Fundraising”
- “Requirements of the HIPAA Security Rule”
- “Breach Notification and Penalties”