Any time workers get hot and sweaty, they’re feeling “heat stress”. The hotter they get, the more likely heat stress is to affect their health. And if employees get overheated enough to develop heat-related illnesses such as heat exhaustion or heat stroke, the effect on them can be serious, even fatal.
MARCOM’s “Heat Stress in Construction Environments” training products discuss the hazards of getting overheated, how employees can stay cool on a hot job site and what they should do if a coworker suffers from heat stress.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:.
- Heat and the body’s cooling system.
- Understanding heat-related illnesses.
- Treating heat-related illnesses..
- Preparing to work in hot environments.
- and more.
All “Heat Stress” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Heat Stress in Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “Heat and the Body’s Cooling System”
- “Heat-Related Illnesses”
- “Treating Heat-Related Illnesses”
- “Preparing to Work in Hot Environments”