As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Work Practices and Engineering Controls” help employees to understand the nature and “behavior” of hazardous chemicals, and how to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments through the use of work practices and engineering controls.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- General HAZMAT work practices.
- The Site Safety and Health Plan.
- Responsibilities of the Site Safety and Health Officer.
- General HAZMAT engineering controls.
- Ventilation systems.
- Remote-controlled equipment.
- The use of eyewash stations.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Work Practices and Engineering Controls” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Work Practices”
- “The Site Safety and Health Plan”
- “Engineering Controls”
- “Common Engineering Controls: Ventilation Systems”
- “Common Engineering Controls: Remote Controlled Equipment”
- “Common Engineering Controls: Eye Wash Station