As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Understanding Chemical Hazards” introduce employees to chemical hazard regulations and provides training on the various types of hazardous chemicals found in industrial environments.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Chemical hazard concepts.
- Types of hazardous chemicals.
- Characteristics and effects of various types of chemicals.
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
- Container labeling.
- Safe handling practices.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Spills and cleanup.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Understanding Chemical Hazards” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Safety Data Sheets, Container Labels and the Written Program”
- “Toxins, Corrosives and Irritants”
- “Flammables, Combustibles and Gases”
- “Carcinogens and Radiation”
- “Exposure Situations”
- “Personal Protective Equipment and Storage”
- “Spills and Cleanup”