As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: The Site Safety and Health Plan” discuss various types of “medical surveillance” and how it is used to evaluate the health of anyone who regularly works around hazardous materials.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Plan guidelines and goals.
- Medical surveillance.
- Job hazard analysis.
- The five levels of training and responsibilities for HAZMAT Emergency Responders.
- Site evaluation.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Spill cleanup procedures.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online and CD courses are available in English only.
The “The Site Safety and Health Plan” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Site Safety and Health Plan Overview”
- “Company Responsibilities”
- “Company Responsibilities Job Analyst”
- “Five Levels of Emergency Response”
- “Plan in Action”
- “PPE, Cleanup and Decontamination”