As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Safety Orientation” help employees understand how to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Preparing for working with hazardous materials.
- Avoiding bad mental habits and complacency.
- Working at the right pace.
- Controlling emotions.
- Adjusting to the limitations of personal protective equipment. Mental discipline.
- Acquiring information you need to work safely.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “HAZWOPER Safety Orientation” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Bad Mental Habits”
- “Job Familiarity”
- “Good Mental Habits”
- “The Importance of Study”