As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Monitoring Procedures and Equipment” discuss the importance of detecting hazardous materials, as well as the equipment and procedures used in the process.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Detecting hazardous materials.
- Direct-reading monitoring instruments.
- Sampling collection devices.
- Hazards that are “Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health” (IDLH).
- Confined spaces.
- General on-site monitoring.
- Perimeter, periodic and personal monitoring.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Monitoring Procedures and Equipment” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Monitoring Tools”
- “Using Monitoring Equipment”
- “Site Characterization”
- “General On-Site, Perimeter and Periodic Monitoring”
- “Personal Monitoring”