As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “Introduction to HAZWOPER Retraining” remind employees who deal with hazardous materials of the importance of identifying, evaluating and controlling chemical hazards.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Background of the HAZWOPER Regulations.
- The Site Safety and Health Plan.
- The Emergency Response Plan.
- Site characterization and the site control program.
- Systems of controls and standard operating procedures.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Exposure monitoring.
- Decontamination and Medical Surveillance Programs.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Introduction to HAZWOPER Retraining” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “What is Hazardous Waste?”
- “Introduction and History of HAZWOPER”
- “Site Safety and Health Plan”
- “PPE: Levels of Protection”
- “Standard Operating Procedures”
- “Exposure Monitoring, Decontamination and Medical Surveillance”
- “Emergency Response Personnel: Training Levels”