As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: HAZMAT Labeling” help employees understand different labeling systems and how to use these systems to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Where hazardous materials labels are used.
- OSHA labeling requirements.
- Common labeling systems.
- DOT Hazard Class Labels and Placards.
- The Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS).
- Target organ information labels.
- The National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA) Labeling System.
- Hazardous waste labels.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “HAZMAT Labeling” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Labeling Requirements”
- “Labeling Systems”
- “DOT Labels”
- “HMIS Labels”
- “NFPA Labels”
- “Hazardous Waste Labels”
- “Marking a Container of Hazardous Waste”