As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Handling Hazardous Materials” help employees to understand the nature and behavior of hazardous chemicals, and how to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Physical hazards.
- Corrosives and irritants.
- Toxic substances and carcinogens.
- Acute and chronic health effects.
- Container labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- Basic first aid for injuries caused by chemicals.
- Emergency response.
- Spillage/leakage/accident procedures.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Handling Hazardous Materials” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “What is a Hazardous Chemical?”
- “Physical Hazards”
- “Health Hazards”
- “Health Hazards: Chemical Classes”
- “Labels, SDSs and Hazardous Materials Regulations”
- “First Aid”
- “Emergency Response Information”