As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Fire Prevention” help employees to understand the special hazards that can be created when hazardous materials catch fire… and what can be done to help prevent this from occurring.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The three components of fire.
- Sources of ignition and types of fuel.
- The four classes of fires.
- Approved storage containers.
- Safety measures to take during a chemical spill.
- Using fire extinguishers.
- Evacuation procedures.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “HAZWOPER Fire Prevention” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “What Causes Things to Burn?”
- “Classes of Fires”
- “Preventing Fires”
- “What to Do When There’s a Fire”