As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Exposure Monitoring and Medical Surveillance” discuss various types of exposure monitoring equipment and techniques. The products also review the concept of “medical surveillance” and how it is used to evaluate the health of anyone who regularly works around hazardous materials.
Topics covered in the products include:
- Direct-reading instruments.
- Sampling collection devices.
- Site characterization.
- General on-site monitoring.
- Perimeter monitoring and personal monitoring.
- Medical surveillance programs.
- Medical examinations and written medical opinions.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Exposure Monitoring and Medical Surveillance” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Terms and Definitions”
- “Monitoring with Direct-Reading Instruments”
- “Monitoring with Sampling Collection Devices”
- “Monitoring for IDHL”
- “General On-Site Monitoring”
- “Perimeter Monitoring”
- “Periodic Monitoring”
- “Personal Monitoring”
- “Medical Surveillance and Removal”