As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: The Emergency Response Plan” help employees understand how emergency planning can reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in crisis situations.
Topics covered in the products include:
- The purpose of an Emergency Response Plan.
- The Chain of Command.
- Responsibilities of the Incident Commander.
- Responsibilities of the HAZMAT Specialist.
- Responsibilities of the HAZMAT Technician.
- Responsibilities of the First Responder.
- Communication procedures and the “buddy system”.
- Personal protective equipment.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Emergency Response Plan” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Chain of Command”
- “Personal Protective Equipment”
- “Safe Work Practices”