As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Electrical Safety in HAZMAT Environments” help employees to understand the hazards associated with the presence of uncontrolled energy in hazardous materials environments, and how to reduce or eliminate these potential hazards.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Arcs, sparks and high temperatures.
- The National Electrical Code’s three HAZMAT classes.
- Engineering controls.
- Safe work practices.
- Intrinsically safe electrical systems.
- Isolating machinery.
- Purging, inerting and pressurization.
- Confined spaces.
- Uncontrolled electrical sources.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Electrical Safety in HAZMAT Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Arcs, Sparks and Heat”
- “The National Electric Code”
- “NEC Class I Areas”
- “Engineering Controls and Work Practices”
- “Purging and Inerting”
- “NEC Class II Areas”
- “NEC Class III Areas”
- “Dealing with Electricity During a HAZMAT Incident”