As part of its HAZWOPER regulations, OSHA created comprehensive training standards to make sure that employees can recognize, handle and dispose of HAZMATs and hazardous waste safely.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s training products on “HAZWOPER: Dealing With The Media In Emergency Situations” help employees understand the importance of building a good relationship with the media and how to deal with the media during an emergency situation.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Establishing a relationship with the media before a crisis occurs.
- The duties and responsibilities of the Public Information Officer (PIO).
- Early response to the media during an incident.
- Insuring the safety of the media.
- Unauthorized communication with the media.
- The consequences of rumors and misinformation.
- and more.
“HAZWOPER” VOD training and DVD programs are available in English and Spanish. Interactive Online Training and CD courses are available in English only.
The “Dealing with the Media in Emergency Situations” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “How to Establish a Good Press Relationship”
- “PIO in Action”
- “Employee Responsibility”
- “How to Handle the Press”