Hazardous materials are a part of many work situations. They can be found in many different types of facilities and on many job sites… from manufacturing and construction to retail and office environments. Some organizations have to deal with hazardous materials as part of their daily business and have detailed plans and highly trained workers to handle a sudden spill. But other facilities only have to handle these materials infrequently, and may not have given much thought to what must be done in case of a spill.
MARCOM’s training products on “Dealing With Hazardous Spills” are designed to help employees who seldom have to face the dangers of a hazardous spill deal with a cleanup situation.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The Hazard Communication Plan.
- The Emergency Response Plan.
- Five levels of OSHA’s HAZMAT training.
- Initial spill response.
- Spill containment.
- Instruments used to identify chemicals involved in a spill.
- Additional hazards of a spill site.
- and more.
All “Dealing with Hazardous Spills” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Dealing with Hazardous Spills” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “HAZMAT Basics and the Emergency Action Plan”
- “The Spill Response Team”
- “Responding to a Spill: The First Steps”
- “‘Characterizing’ a Spill and Cleaning It Up”
- “Special Hazards, Decontamination and Waste Disposal”