According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), more than 3 million injuries and illnesses and more than 4,500 deaths occur on the job, each year. Reducing these numbers has to be a top priority for everyone in the workplace. Employers, employees, managers and supervisors can improve safety in their facility by identifying and controlling job hazards before they cause accidents. This process is called hazard recognition.
MARCOM’s “Hazard Recognition” training products provide the information employees need to help prevent workplace accidents and injuries from occurring.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The need for hazard Recognition.
- Hazardous conditions and unsafe acts.
- Identifying hazards in advance.
- Real-time hazard recognition.
- Investigating accidents and near misses.
- and more.
“Hazard Recognition” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets and Posters are available in English only.
The “Hazard Recognition” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “The Need for Hazard Recognition”
- “Hazardous Conditions and Unsafe Acts”
- “Identifying Hazards in Advance”
- “Real-Time Hazard Recognition”
- “Investigating Accidents and Near Misses”