Hazardous materials are used in many auto service and repair tasks. OSHA’s Hazard Communication (“HAZCOM”) Standard gives employees the “right-to-know” about any potentially hazardous materials that can be encountered in their workplace, and how to handle them safely.
MARCOM’s updated “Hazard Communication in Auto Service Environments” courses discuss the requirements of the HAZCOM Standard, the hazards that can be associated with different types of HAZMATs, and what employees can do to avoid these hazards.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Sources of HAZMAT information.
- Exposure to hazardous materials.
- Different types of HAZMATs.
- Personal protective equipment and safe storage.
- Responding to a HAZMAT spill.
- and more.
All “Hazard Communication” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Hazard Communication in Auto Service Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “Sources of HAZMAT Information“
- “Exposure to HAZMATs”
- “Toxins, Corrosives and Irritants”
- “Carcinogens and Radioactive Materials”
- “Flammables, Combustibles and Oxidizers”
- “PPE and Safe Storage”
- “Responding To a Spill“