Hand and power tools allow employees to perform tasks that they could never do without them. But tools can also be dangerous. Injuries involving hand and power tools send almost half a million people to the emergency room every year, and cause a significant number of fatalities as well.
MARCOM’s training products on “Hand and Power Tool Safety” discuss hand and power tool hazards, and show employees the equipment and safe practices they can use to prevent injuries.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Hand and power tool hazards.
- Tool inspection and maintenance.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Using electric power tools safely.
- Preventing “kickbacks”.
- Reducing hazards in a work area.
- and more.
All “Hand and Power Tool Safety” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Hand and Power Tool Safety” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Hand and Power Tool Hazards”
- “Tool Inspection and Maintenance”
- “Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)”
- “Using Electrical Power Tools Safely”
- “Preventing Kickbacks”
- “Reducing Hazards in Your Work Area”