As required by OSHA’s “HAZCOM Standard”, Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) provide employees with important information about hazardous materials on their job site and how to handle them safely. SDSs communicate this information according to rules established by the Globally Harmonized System (GHS).
MARCOM’s updated “GHS Safety Data Sheets in Construction Environments” training products discuss the types of information that Safety Data Sheets contain, how they present that information, and how employees can use them to work safely with HAZMATs.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in the program include:
- SDSs, hazard communication and the Globally Harmonized System.
- Materials and the hazards that are associated with them.
- How to respond effectively to a HAZMAT emergency.
- Handling and storing hazardous materials.
- Important technical information about HAZMATs.
- and more.
All “GHS Safety Data Sheets in Construction Environments” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “GHS Safety Data Sheets in Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “Hazard Communication, the Globally Harmonized System and Safety Data Sheets”
- “Materials and Their Hazards”
- “Responding to HAZMAT Emergencies”
- “Handling and Storing Hazardous Materials”
- “Important Technical Information”