Forklifts and other powered industrial trucks are rugged, powerful tools that help workers perform materials handling tasks quickly and efficiently. But the same qualities that make industrial trucks so helpful can also make them dangerous… and they are involved in more than 100 fatalities and 35,000 serious injuries each year.
MARCOM’s “Forklift/Powered Industrial Truck Safety” training products have been designed to give employees the information they need to work safely with this equipment, while helping employers comply with OSHA’s Powered Industrial Truck Standard.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- OSHA training requirements.
- Types of powered industrial trucks.
- Inspection and maintenance.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Lifting a load with a forklift.
- A forklift’s stability and handling
- and more.
“Forklift/Powered Industrial Truck Safety” online and VOD training, DVD and CD courses are available in English and Spanish. Kits, Booklets, and Compliance Manuals are available in English only.
The “Forklift/Powered Industrial Truck Safety” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “OSHA Training Requirements”
- “Types of Powered Industrial Trucks”
- “Inspection and Maintenance”
- “Safe Operating Procedures”
- “Operating Conditions”
- “Lifting a Load with a Forklift”
- “A Forklift’s Stability and Handling“
- “Driving Forklift Safety”