Every year more than a million fire emergencies are reported in the U.S., with over 5,000 of them taking place in healthcare facilities. They cause injuries, deaths and more than $45 million in damage.
MARCOM’s “Fire Prevention in Healthcare Facilities” training products look at the fire hazards that can be encountered in healthcare environments, discuss how fires can be prevented, and explain what employees should do in case a fire emergency occurs in their workplace.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- How fires burn.
- The four most common classes of fires.
- Dealing with a fire emergency.
- Patient safety and evacuation procedures.
- Fire hazards in healthcare environments.
- Controlling electrical hazards.
- and more.
All “Fire Prevention in Healthcare Facilities” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Fire Prevention in Healthcare Facilities” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “How Fires Burn”
- “Four Classes of Fire”
- “Dealing with an Emergency”
- “Patient Safety and Evacuation”
- “Fire Hazards in Healthcare”
- “Controlling Electrical Hazards”