More than a million fire emergencies are reported in the U.S. every year. When a workplace fire occurs, an employee will often be the first to respond, and fire extinguishers become the first line of defense against it.
MARCOM’s training products on “Using Fire Extinguishers” look at different types of fires, discuss how they should be put out, and explain how employees can use extinguishers effectively and safely if a fire emergency occurs.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- How fires burn.
- “Classes” of fires.
- Dry chemical and carbon dioxide extinguishers.
- Water and foam extinguishers.
- Using a fire extinguisher.
- Maintaining fire extinguishers.
- and more.
All “Using Fire Extinguishers” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Using Fire Extinguishers” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “How Fires Burn”
- “Classes of Fires”
- “Types of Dry and Carbon Dioxide Extinguishers”
- “Types of Foam and Water Extinguishers”
- “Using a Fire Extinguisher”
- “Maintaining Fire Extinguishers“