An estimated 24 million eye injuries occur in the U.S. each year. About 2,000 of them will occur today, and every day thereafter, while people are at work. All too many of them will cause the victim to lose some or all of their eyesight. But eye injuries can be prevented.
MARCOM’s training products on “Eye Safety in Construction Environments” provide employees with the information they need to recognize and avoid eye hazards that they can encounter on a job site.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- How to prevent eyestrain.
- Protecting against particles and splashes.
- Avoiding radiation hazards.
- What to do in case of an eye injury.
- and more.
All “Eye Safety” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Eye Safety in Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “Preventing Eyestrain”
- “Protecting Against Particles and Splashes”
- “Avoiding Radiation Hazards”
- “What to do in Case of an Eye Injury”