Getting things done on a job site can require plenty of electrical energy, and it’s easy to forget that electricity can cause painful shocks, burns… even “electrocution”. Every year, it causes hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries in the construction industry. But these incidents could have been prevented.
MARCOM’s updated “Electrocution Hazards Part I: Worksite Safety” training products discuss the electrical hazards that can be found on a job site, the OSHA standards that have been established to protect workers from them, and what employees should do to avoid accidents and injuries involving electricity.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- Electrical hazards and OSHA standards.
- High voltage power lines.
- Tools, extension cords and receptacles.
- Grounding, continuity and GFCIs.
- and more.
All “Electrocution Hazards” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Electrocution Hazards Part I: Worksite Safety” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3 – 5 minute courses:
- “Electrical Hazards and OSHA Standards”
- “High Voltage Power Lines”
- “Tools, Extension Cords and Receptacles”
- “Grounding, Continuity and GFCIs”