Electricity is so much a part of everyday life it’s easy to forget that it can be dangerous. It causes thousands of injuries and hundreds of fatalities every year. Electricity can start fires and cause explosions that result in extensive and costly damage.
MARCOM’s “Electrical Safety” program discusses how electricity “works”, explains its “hazards” and describes the procedures and “equipment” that employees should use to avoid them.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in these products include:
- The basics of electricity.
- Circuits and the flow of electrical current.
- Recognizing and avoiding electrical hazards.
- Special electrical work environments.
- Dealing with an electrical accident.
- and more.
All “Electrical Safety” products are available in English and Spanish (Spanish will be updated in 2019).
The “Electrical Safety” Micro-Learning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “The Basics of Electricity”
- “Circuits and the Flow of Electrical Current”
- “Recognizing and Avoiding Electrical Hazards”
- “Special Electrical Environments”
- “Dealing with an Electrical Accident”