Most substance abusers have jobs. In fact, it is estimated that one out of every ten employees has a drug or alcohol problem. A construction worker’s behavior “under the influence” can decrease productivity, create a hostile work environment and damage their company’s reputation. Worst of all it can significantly increase the chances of worksite incidents and injuries.
MARCOM’s “Dealing with Drug and Alcohol Abuse… for Managers and Supervisors in Construction Environments” training products discuss drug and alcohol abuse, the damage it causes to workers and the businesses that employ them, and what should be done to create and maintain a drug and alcohol-free job site.
All of the products… the new “Micro-Learning” and full-length online courses as well as the DVDs and interactive CD courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
Topics covered in the products include:
- How substance abuse can affect a worksite.
- What substances are abused?
- Laws you need to know about.
- Creating a drug and alcohol-free job site.
- Substance abuse education and testing.
- Recognizing on-the-job substance abuse.
- Handling substance abuse situations.
- and more.
All “Drug and Alcohol for Managers and Supervisors” products are available in English and Spanish.
The “Drug and Alcohol Abuse… for Managers and Supervisors in Construction Environments” MicroLearning curriculum includes the following 3-5 minute courses:
- “How Substance Abuse Can Affect a Workplace”
- “What Substances Are Abused”
- “Laws You Need to Know About”
- “Creating an Alcohol and Drug-Free Workplace”
- “Substance Abuse Education and Testing”
- “Recognizing On-The-Job Substance Abuse”
- “Handling Substance Abuse Situations“